Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Essie Fall 2014 Nail Polish Collection ~ Dress to Kilt

It has been so long since I've done a blog post! My YouTube channel (Total Polish Junkie, naturally) has kept me really busy and I'm enjoying making videos a lot more than blogging, so I don't know how much I'll do on here anymore, but I do want to attempt to at least do one every once in a while.

Today I'm bringing you Essie's fall collection called Dress to Kilt. I don't know about you, but I am NOT ready for fall! I feel totally jipped on summer this year, and other than swatching these puppies, I am still going to be rocking the summer manis!



This is a 6 piece creme collection, and since Essie isn't my most go-to brand, I was a little skeptical. HOWEVER! I was put in my place with this collection. I did a live application video for this collection, so if you would rather you can watch the video (linked after the jump)....or you can read on for some pics and color descriptions!




Before I get into the colors, I must tell you how perfectly perfect these polishes are. Seriously. They are super smooth, glide on effortlessly, and most are one coaters (but I always apply 2). They all have the same formula and consistency, and boy am I happy about that! Finally Essie got a collection right, and man did they get it RIGHT! All photos are 2 coats and no top coat. They dried incredibly fast and are very shiny on their own! On to the awsomeness.....

Take It Outside is a light beige/taupe/greige color. I personally would call it more taupe, but to each their own. I think this one does best with 2 coats.



Fall In Line is a dusty, grey toned green. The green is like a mossy army green. I think this is a very unique color and perfect for fall! You could totally get away with 1 coat with this one. Clean up and removal were a breeze!



The Perfect Cover Up is another unique polish. I would classify this one as a dusty, grey based deep teal color. I love this color and this is my second favorite. Again, this one could be a 1 coater. It's very opaque and such a nice jewel tone!



Partner In Crime is a deep, rich, chocolate brown. I personally am not a fan of this color, but I'm not big on browns. It's dark enough that in most lighting it will look black. But, if you love these types of colors, then you will love this one! Absolutely a 1 coat polish if you want it to be.



Dress to Kilt is a very nice tone red. It's more of a deeper cranberry red. Perfect for the holidays! I don't think this is a very unique shade, but if you don't own this color, I would highly recommend this one. I'm not a big fan of red, but I'm really digging this one. This is another 1 coat polish!



Style Cartel is absolutely stunning. Just stunning. Such an intense, deep, navy, ink blue color. Color wise, this is by far my favorite. HOWEVER! This is totally a stainer. :( Wear lots and lots of base coat! If you don't like polishes that stain, then stay far far away from this one. This one is a little streaky with 1 coat, so you do need two for this one.



Overall, as you can tell, I am very much so in love with this collection. The only downfall is the blue stain. I will deal with it because I can tolerate stained nails, but I know that a lot of people won't deal with them. I think this is a very rounded collection with some unique shades! Don't go to Ulta to pay full price for these, instead visit Nail Supplies to get them for $4.25 a bottle. 


Thanks for checking out my post! Peace, love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.



1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say I'm not impressed with this collection.My wallet is happy about it. Take it from me, its really hard to do both a blog and you tube. One will always suffer. You'll have to make the choice which one you like better and which one brings you more joy and fulfillment. Its a hard choice. To me I really enjoy writing my blog more than making videos and lately I was slacking and just tossing in my videos on my blog post and that's something I never wanted to do. I've just gotten back I to the swing of things and I actually feel at peace. If I stop making videos, I know a lot of my fans won't find their way to my blog, but I can't let that stop me persue the avenue that I'm passionate about. I guess that's my way of saying don't feel bad if you devote your time to making videos. Do what brings you the most happiness. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete