Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nail Polish Storage & Organization

This is a long awaited post. I've wanted to do this post for a while, but I wanted to wait till I had everything organized the way I wanted. It took some time, but it's finally pretty and organized. Hopefully this will help give you some of your own polish organization ideas. This is going to be pretty picture heavy, but I really want to show you everything that I'm using and how I have it set up. So let's take a look!


First up is the rack on my wall. This is made out of foam board, hot glue, and duct tape. The tape is optional, but I think it looks a lot nicer. I found a tutorial on YouTube showing me how to make it. It was pretty simple! It's been hanging on my wall for 8 months now and I haven't had any issues with the integrity of the rack at all. I labeled the pic showing you what I have where (and I've labeled all the other pics too).


This counter top rack I found on Amazon for a pretty good price. It holds 60 OPIs (or more if your bottles are smaller). I love this rack and love how clean and organized it looks.


This is my "Melmer" that sits on the floor underneath my polish rack. A Melmer is a widely known thing in the nail polish world. You can buy this little drawer set at Michael's. I think it's around $40, but it's on sale a lot or you can find coupons easily to get it for much cheaper. This got it's nickname because it's similar to a Helmer from Ikea, but this is smaller and found at Michael's, hence the name. I'm not sure what it's real "name" is, but it's the Recollections brand and you can find it in the organization section there. The three pictures below show what I have in each drawer.





I was thinking about making another foam board rack, but because my husband is amazing with woodworking, he volunteered (okay, it took a little coaxing, but not much) to make me one out of wood! If all goes to plan he will be starting on it this weekend, and it's going to be pink! Yay! I'm very very excited. :)


I found this drawer cart at Big Lots for $25. I don't know how often they get them in, but it was a good deal! I've seen these at office supply or craft stores, but they are usually $50+. I found a similar one on Amazon, but it is more expensive. I mainly use the top five drawers and the rest I use for storage and boring stuff. I took some photos to show you the exciting stuff that I store in here.






One of my drawers houses all of my swatch sticks. I love that I have all my colors organized this way. Since I have the actual bottles stored by brand I tend to forget what colors I have. This way, all the colors are organized together and then when I'm searching for a green polish, I just pull out my green swatch group and I can pick what color I want. They are all organized from lightest to darkest. I also have my glitters and different types of polishes (like textures) in their own group.


I got my swatch sticks off of Ebay. They came with 150 for $9.99. They do come with a screw to put it on, but they hardly fit, and I wanted more categories so I bought some extra screws for a couple bucks at Lowe's. Now I can have as many different categories as I want and make it a lot easier to handle and manage.


Whew! This was a long one. Many of you have asked about this, so here you go! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment