Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Design using Gwen Stefani's Collection & Review!

OPI's new Gwen Stefani Collecion just came out and I was really really excited about a few of these polishes, so I went and grabbed them (yes, I'm becoming that girl). I realized the three I purchased are great New Year's colors, so I thought I'd try them together. I really like how this manicure turned out and it was so simple! I will absolutely be doing this twist on a french manicure again with lots of color combos! To create the V shape I just used tape. It's that easy!

The Gwen Stefani collection consists of 7 polishes. Some of the shades I felt were nothing to write home about, so I only picked up 3. The ones I did not purchases were In True Stefani Fashion (a silver and holographic glitter that I almost bought), I Sing In Color (dark vampy red creme that I already own), Hey Baby (bright pink creme), and Over & Over A-Gwen (her signature red).

The 3 I purchased are Love.Angel.Music.Baby (gold satin), 4 in the Morning (black satin), and Push and Shove (silver chrome). I love the sleeve they put on the caps too, easily labeled and cute geometric shapes.





Love.Angel.Music.Baby is my favorite of the 3, and I really really really think this polish is beautiful. I love the satin finish, it's not as flat looking as a matte finish and the sparkle still peeks through. If you add a top coat though, it turns super sparkly and I really like how that looks too. In the pic my pointer and middle fingers have top coat. Formula on this polish was awesome too! It could be a one coater, but I always use two. Very easy to apply and a touch on the thicker side which I like.


4 in the Morning is also a satin finish. There is a soft silver shimmer running throughout, but without top coat it looks pretty flat. However, it's not nearly as dark as a regular black matte which gives it some dimension. Again, I love the satin, it's a nice soft glowy finish. BUT, holy wow, does that silver come through when there is a top coat. Inside lighting it's harder to see, but outside, it's gorgeous. The bottom photo has top coat on both polishes. Formula on this was a bit thinner. First coat is somewhat patchy, but second coat fills nicely. Also, it's pretty easy to apply.




Lastly, is the silver chrome polish that was a *secret* until it was actually released. I was hoping for some amazing polish I've never seen before, but sadly that was not the case. Having said that though, I haven't had the opportunity to buy any polishes like that so I thought I would give it a try. It comes with a little bottle of base coat called Lay Down That Base. I haven't used it yet with that base coat, so I don't know if you have to use that one, or if you can use any base coat. I've only swatched this polish and used it as my accent, so I can't tell you a whole lot about it. What I can tell you is that it's very streaky (disappointing) and is a little tricky to apply. It's also a lot thinner, and as the package implies, it's not meant for long wear. It does chip very easily and obviously you aren't supposed to use a top coat, or this polish is pointless. Adding a top coat turns this into a silver metallic instead of a chrome finish. It really does have a mirror like finish and looks really cool. Although it's kind of a pain, I think it's a pretty cool polish to have. I really want to do a whole mani with this color and see the reflections I can get from my nails!



Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment