Tuesday, November 26, 2013

NOTW: Fall Colors

This manicure sounded like a good idea, but I'm not very happy with it. Pretty simple, painted a base color, used wavy scissors to cut tape, and then applied another color. This top color dried matte so on two of the nails (thumb and ring) I applied a top coat. Thought it was okay and then I showed it to my husband and he said, "Yeah, it looks cool, it's like a southwest design." Me, ready to defend myself, reply with, "No, it's -- oh man, you're right. Now I don't like it."  And I don't. I hate southwest designs and now that he said that that's all I think about when I look at it. Was planning on leaving this on over Thanksgiving, but now I'm pretty sure that I'm taking some polish with me to NM and changing it...probably tomorrow.

My base color is Essie Miss Fancy Pants. It's a beautiful taupey gray color, and I think it's a great neutral. I must mention too, that it has an AMAZING formula. Easy to work with, dried quick and self-leveled. What more could you ask for?

SinfulColors Get It On, is the burgundy wine color I used on top. In the bottle it looks pretty vibrant, but since it's matte it actually dries much darker. Applying a top coat does help lighten the color, but I still think it dries darker than what you see in the bottle. In the picture it looks much brighter than what it actually is. Not very true to color. :( Pretty good formula on this one also.

What should I paint on my nails for Thanksgiving?


I tired taking the pic in different lighting, this one looks better.  Isn't it crazy how different the same polishes look in different lights?  This one is much truer to color. I think I'll start taking pics in this lighting till I get my lightbox made.




 Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment