Thursday, October 24, 2013

Matte & Shiny

I meant to have this up a few days ago and then after all my car drama I just felt kinda blah. Anyway, here is a design that I thought turned out pretty cool. I do have another "cute" design I plan on still getting in before Halloween, but I wanted something a little more "dark." So I came up with this.

I started with a dark red polish, and applied a matte top coat. After some dry time I cut some triangles in scotch tape and applied it to my nail. I used black polish and then quickly applied a shiny top coat. I really like the contrast between the matte and the shiny. I also think this design could work with a huge variety of colors, and I'd like to try it again with more contrasting colors and maybe switch the matte and glossy part. 

Just a quick post for this one! Hope you guys like it and it gives you some inspiration!

And if you are wondering here are the colors I used (sorry no bottle shots):

SinfulShine Mirror Mirror (red)
OPI Black Onyx
I also used OPI Matte Top Coat and Seche Vite for my Glossy Top Coat.


Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest

No comments:

Post a Comment