Monday, August 19, 2013

Pop Art Craze!

I have been wanting to do this post for like two weeks now and I was so worried that you wouldn't be able to buy these anymore, but I've still seen them at Walgreens, so yay! If you want to go buy them you can. While I was in NM visiting my parents my mom and I went to K-Mart and I was scoping out the nail polish and makeup and then just randomly saw these babies and was so excited to see them! These are the Wet n Wild Limited Edition Pop Art Craze nail polishes. They came out with 6 polishes and 6 eye shadow trios. I picked up some of the eye shadows too (but got those when I got back into town at Walgreens) they are really bright colors and Wet n Wild has AMAZING eye shadows and they are so inexpensive. I picked up 4 different nail polish colors at K-Mart.. One color was already sold out and the last color was white, and I didn't feel like it was anything special (not too keen on white polishes). Luckily for me though when I came back to town they had the other color so I picked up 5 out of the 6 colors. (The last color is at the bottom of the pics since I had already taken pics while I was in NM.) They only cost $.99/ea (and sometimes cheaper if they are on sale!) so there is no reason you shouldn't go get you some! :)

I want to start by saying how AMAZINGLY AMAZING the formulas are on these polishes. The polishes themselves are the Wild Shine line and I have previously never tried this line from WnW.  It's hard to believe that these are only $1 a piece because the quality is so amazing. The formula is so creamy, forgiving, easy to apply and fun to work with. The formula was the same for all polishes. I was so impressed with them that I went a purchased a few from their permanent line and the formula is just as amazing. You can check out the different colors from the Wild Shine line HERE but the color swatches aren't very true to color. You can go to Wal-Mart, Walgreens or K-Mart to check out the regular line in person. Don't think Wal-Mart ever gets the LE stuff, I would start with Walgreens. I've found them at multiple locations.

All colors have 2 coats and no top coat. It is incredible how shiny these are on their own. There is one pic I took in the shade and my nails are so shiny you can see my reflection in them! I was very impressed with how these look with no top coat.

Also, I have to say how in love I am with the pics that come from my camcorder. The pic below shows you the same pic taken with my digital camera and my camcorder. Neither picture has ANY editing done to it except for adding the text. The digital does okay, but you can really see how much brighter and vibrant (and truer to color) the camcorder pic is. You can even see how beautiful the reflection of light showed up!  Pretty sure I'll hardly be using my regular camera at all anymore. The ONLY downfall to using the camcorder is that since it's HD and designed for video it's all in 16:9 format which can be a little awkward for taking pics, but I'll figure it out.



I love these colors!



After painting these I thought they might be good colors to try with my white crackle. I really had to play with the crackle to figure out the best way to apply it, but I think they turned out somewhat okay with these colors. I'm still not a fan at all of the white crackle from China Glaze and it was a nightmare to get it to crackle right and look good. I don't think I'll use that polish much. Formula is lumpy and it still gets two big thumbs down from me! I am so glad I only paid like $1.30 for the bottle....





Not sure why the light/sky blue color is called TEAL Slowly and See since it's not teal at all, but whatevs.... I guess they figure they can call it whatever they want! This light blue though is my favorite out of all the colors. It's so pretty on my nails!



Thanks for checking out my post! Much love and polish!


Know anyone in the Denver Metro Area that needs handyman, tradesman or A/V services? Have them check out www.tysdesign.com! Competitive pricing and customer service tailored specifically for you!

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own and honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment